Coroner’s offices across the State of Louisiana work tirelessly with families experiencing a devastating loss. Our partners at coroner’s offices help us to assess potential donors and allow Southern Eye Bank to offer donor families the opportunity for donation. Many families find comfort knowing that their loved one was able to provide the gift of sight.
Information for Coroners:
- Corneal recovery does not interfere with the autopsy
- LOPA/SEB recovery programs allow MDI Log integration
- The eye bank’s procedures do not interfere with evidence
- If requested, Southern Eye Bank staff will draw vitreous post recovery for the coroner’s office
- SEB will implement a protocol that works best for each coroner’s office
- Southern Eye Bank will provide the coroner’s office with in-service training, donation statics and demographics for the parish they serve and support at conferences and community events
- Collaboration with the Louisiana State Coroner Association
A Southern Eye Bank staff member is available 24/7 to attend to coroner needs and questions. Please call 504-891-3937 for assistance.
We now offer a 1-hour accredited CEU course entitled “Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring.” Please download our flyer and contact Joy Fragola (firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-781-8302) for more information.