First responders are charged with the duty to do all they can to save lives. Yet there are times when the call is too late or the injury too grave to make that possible. At that time, it is helpful to know that families may be offered the option of ocular donation and sharing the Gift of Sight.
Southern Eye Bank provides specialized training for first responders, including:
- The importance of eye, organ and tissue donation
- The donation process from start to finish
- Donor suitability
- Calling in a referral
- Timing of the consent process and recovery
- Who will speak to the family regarding donation
- Unlocking the myths about donation
- Outcomes of donation
To schedule training or learn more about our first responder program, please contact Joy Fragola – Professional Outreach Director at 337-781-8302
We also now offer a 1-hour accredited CEU course entitled “Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring.” Please download our flyer and contact Joy Fragola (email@example.com or 337-781-8302) for more information.