Funeral Home Staff
Southern Eye Bank works very closely with funeral homes in our region to ensure that each family’s wishes for donation are fulfilled. The donation process allows families to find some knowing their loved one left the legacy of giving the gift of sight.
Information for Funeral Home Staff:
- Southern Eye Bank is a proud member of the Louisiana Funeral Director Association
- Donation does not interfere with funeral arrangements
- Southern Eye Bank works within the funeral home’s time-frame
- CEUs are available in collaboration with LOPA
- Southern Eye Bank’s certificate of Liability insurance covers any staff members recovering a donation at your funeral home
Please call Southern Eye Bank at 504-891-3937 for additional information about the eye donation process, to receive recommendations for embalming eye donors, to schedule complimentary staff training/education, or if you have any questions about the donation process.
We now offer a 1-hour accredited CEU course entitled “Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring.” Please download our flyer and contact Joy Fragola (firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-781-8302) for more information.