Funeral Home Staff
Southern Eye Bank offers accurate organ donor information for funeral home staff. We work very closely with funeral homes in our region to ensure that each family’s wishes for donation are fulfilled. The donation process allows families to find some comfort knowing their loved one has left a legacy for the living: the gift of sight. The gift of sight has a far-reaching impact on the lives of those still with us. We have heard many stories from the families of organ donors about how their gifts of sight are a source of solace for grieving families.
Organ Donor Information for Funeral Home Staff:
- Southern Eye Bank is a proud member of the Louisiana Funeral Director Association
- Donation does not interfere with funeral arrangements
- Southern Eye Bank works within the funeral home’s time-frame
- CEUs are available in collaboration with LOPA
- Southern Eye Bank’s certificate of Liability insurance covers any staff members recovering a donation at your funeral home
Please call Southern Eye Bank at 504-891-3937 for additional information about the eye donation process, to receive recommendations for embalming eye donors, to schedule complimentary staff training/education, or if you have any questions about the donation process.
We now offer a 1-hour accredited CEU course entitled “Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring.” Please download our flyer and contact Joy Fragola (firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-781-8302) for more information.