Eye Donation Month 2020
November 2020 is officially Eye Donation Month in the State of Louisiana, by proclamation of Governor John Bel Edwards! Click here to view the official proclamation.
Due to COVID-19, all community events for 2020 have been redesigned as virtual events. Please join us as we continue to honor those who have shared the Gift of Sight.
Lafayette General Candlelight Ceremony
- We are hosting a virtual candlelight ceremony, enabling families to light a virtual candle for their hero.
- Follow us on Facebook for more information on the event.
Lafayette General Brick Dedication
- The inscribed bricks will be in place by November 3, 2020.
- Family members are encouraged to visit La Place de Vie, the Garden of Life in front of the hospital, at any time to view their hero’s brick. Please remember social distancing and face masks.
Heart of Donation Program
- We will be presenting a quilt to the Lafayette General Medical Center Staff.
- Each heart has been signed by a staff member who makes donation possible.
- The presentation will take place with minimal attendees, but follow us on Facebook for photos and videos of this special event!