Position Filled: Referral Coordinator
Thank you for your interest, but the position has been filled.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the donation of ocular tissue through comprehensive medical screenings, discussing donation options with potential donor families, and managing tissue recovery logistics with various organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Assess donation potential by critically reviewing the patient’s clinical course and health history; this is done through the use of working directly with hospital nurses and physicians in a professional, efficient, and precise manner.
- Conduct sensitive, informational discussions with potential donor families regarding tissue donation options for their loved ones.
- Advocate for donation while communicating with partner organizations and donor families.
- Coordinate logistics for all Donor Operations activity including creatively addressing barriers & navigating complex timelines.
- Work with other employees to increase efficiency in the workplace.
- Continually monitor research requests to meet distribution needs for research tissue.
- Complete continuous training requirements to maintain proficiency and improve performance in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Design and execute on projects as needed. Actively participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ensure all applicable FDA, EBAA, and state regulatory policies are followed.
- Ability to assist in daily/nightly laboratory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High-level oral and written communication skills and interacts effectively with all Eye Bank staff
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with peers while developing a positive work environment
- Ambitiously improves self and has the ability to facilitate self-directed learning
- Experience with computer data bases and data entry
- Able to interpret and follow written direction
- Ability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays. At times may be asked to fill in various open shifts that could also include days.
- Position is 12 hour shift work over night (6 PM-6 AM)
- Location of the position is Metairie, LA
Education and/or Equivalent Experience
- High School or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Relevant educational or work experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time