We’re Hiring: Day Shift Recovery Technician
The Day Shift Recovery Technician is responsible for the recovery of corneas and whole globes for transplant and research.
In addition, the recovery technician will be in charge of laboratory maintenance.
- Recovery of ocular tissue from donors along with donor medical chart review
- Ability and willingness to learn FDA and EBAA guidance’s, regulations and contraindications
- Maintenance of laboratory cleanliness, equipment, donor recovery supplies and inventory
- Any other duties assigned by the Technical Director and/or Laboratory Coordinator
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired.
- A minimum of one year (1) in medical or surgical field
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and surgical precision (dexterity is a must).
- Ability to professionally interface with peers, funeral homes, coroners and hospital personnel on assignments.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to quickly learn and master new databases and systems
- This is a Day Shift Position – the candidate will work seven (7) 12 hour (6AM-6PM) shifts Bi-Weekly
- Must own a vehicle with valid auto insurance and have a driver’s license
- Ability to travel through service region as required
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays to cover on-call shifts as needed
- Long periods of standing or sitting
- Ability to lift and move more than 50 pounds